If you’ve read my speculations on how to dress when you are in your forties or fifties, you might agree that the key goal of a woman of elegant age is not to look younger but to look beautiful. So, my recommendations on how to make up if you are 40, 50 or 60-70 are based on the same philosophy.
And here they are.
- Impeccable manicure and perfectly groomed eyebrows are the basis of an excellent outlook of women of all ages.
Source photos via Pinterest post-processing by Holy Chic
- It’s a fact that a well-shaped and groomed pair of eyebrows frame your eyes and you get a neat and elegant look. So, give them a regular plucking and pruning. If this job is not your cup of tea, go to a salon and get your eyebrows plucked professionally.
- Never fill your brows with a black heavy pencil. This will invariably looks excessive and untidy, so use a light brown pencil and a light hand. Makeup artists recommend to use a fine brush and an eye shadow a tone lighter than the shadow of your eyes. Always blend the eyeshadow thoroughly.
- When you put on a makeup, focus on the eyes and not on the lips.
- No smoky eyes any more. To empathize your eyes, use an eye shadow that is of the same color as the color of your eyes are. Or of a lighter one.
- Apply more mascara on your upper lash than you put on the lower one.
- A woman in her fifties should go for a lipstick of pink and coral colors. Mind that darker colors usually age a woman.
- If you use a lip pencil, make sure that its color matches the color of your lipstick.
- Apply the blush on the cheekbones are not on the cheeks. Like a tomne of a lipstick, its blush tone should not be dark.
- Daily use nourishing and moisturizing BB [beauty balm] cream for aging skin. It evens and brightens skin tone and gives next-to-immediate effect.
- Change cream brand regularly: the skin gets used to it, and the treatment success fells significantly.
Catherine Deneuve Beauty Secrets
- It’s essential for a 50 year-old woman to follow good dietary guidelines. Include in your diet as much fruit and vegetables as possible.
- Answering the question “Why do Frenchwomen rarely get fat?” Catherine Deneuve said that Frenchwomen never eat a dessert after the meal. For lunch Katherine Deneuve recommends to have a salad, a small portion of meat and to drink a glass of wine.
- Use creams with collagen 2-3 times a week. If we apply it every day, your skin will get used to it and stop producing its own one. As a result, the aging process will accelerate.
Beam to people around you. When you smile, your so called jawls disappear. Not to mention that people will beam you in reply.
Be elegant and holy chic,Tanya Pochtennykh
You might also like: Butter and fat aren’t as bad for your health as they claim